Buy ENERGY STAR®Qualified Global Windows
Global Energy-efficient windows and doors will:
- Reduce your home energy costs by 7 to 12 percent
- Reduce or eliminate cold drafts
- Collect less condensation
- Reduce noise from outside
ENERGY STAR® makes it easy to buy an energy-efficient window, door or skylight.
Map of Canada’s climate zones
Canada is divided into four climate zones based on annual average temperature. Zone A is the mildest, and Zone D is the coldest.
Make sure that the product model you are buying is qualified for the correct climate zone, or, to save even more energy, for colder zones. Atlantic Canada is listed as requiring ZONE B performance windows. All Global windows meet or exceed the rating requirement in fact many of our windows are rated ZONE D. This could mean exceptional energy savings.
An ENERGY STAR qualified window will have many of the following features:
- Double- or triple-glazing, with a sealed insulating glass unit
- Low-e glass
- Inert gas, such as argon or krypton, in the sealed unit
- Low-conductivity or ‘warm edge’ spacer bars
- Insulated frames, sashes and door cores
- Good air tightness
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol is administered and promoted in Canada by Natural Resources Canada and is registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
Products qualify for ENERGY STAR based on either their U-factor (the lower the number, the more energy efficient the product) or their Energy Rating (ER – the higher the number, the more energy efficient the product).
Look up Energy star Ratings HERE
Click to view our Energy Star Ratings
NRCAN (Natural Resources Canada) produced this great video on new home construction and energy efficiency…